Thursday, February 28, 2013

Winter Broxap Round 24-26 February 2013

A non-stop walk round the 29 Munros of Jon Broxap's 24 hour Munro Record Route, 75 miles, 34,800 feet, 61 hours



A pretty demanding outing completed solo and unsupported apart from dropping one bag of food in Glen Shiel.  I'd decided from the outset that I was going to take my large and heavy SLR and spare lens so it was always going to be a plod round, but the 48 hours became 61 largely due to sleep deprivation.  This notwithstanding, it was a magnificent and memorable journey and just to complete such a mammoth outing in the depths of winter was highly satisfying.

Account
Route and Information
Photos

1 comment:

Stephen McAuliffe said...

Hi there, well done on a superb achievement. I was in Torridon while you were on your adventure and I was lucky to experience the same weather. Man I thought I was being reasonably energetic but you put me to shame. I look forward to following your blog and adventures in the future. You can see an account of my doings in my blog at howlingmist.blogspot,com. Well done again.