Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cruachan Classic 6-7 February 2009

Ben Cruachan to Kingshouse 28 hours 21,500 feet, 44 miles

 

I'd wanted to try this route in winter for a while and it didn't disappoint. Its a clean line with no roads or civilisation. I completed it solo unsupported from Stob Diamh and just about managed to make it after losing my map in the middle of the night in the middle of a snowstorm, with over 20 miles to go. I would have completed the route within 24 hours if it had not been for this, but the adventure would have been lessened without it!


Full Account
Schedule
Pictures
Bill's Pictures


1 comment:

kizzy said...

Agree on this; I'd wanted to try this route in winter for a while and it didn't disappoint. Its a clean line with no roads or civilization.

--five fingers